To download the Target Occupations List click here.
* O*NET is an online database that contains hundreds of occupational definitions to help students, job seekers, businesses and workforce staff understand today’s world of work in the United States.
* SOC is used by the US Government to classify occupations. It is used by agencies to collect occupations across data sets for all occupations where work is performed for pay or profit.
Items to considered for inclusion on the Targeted Occupations list were:
- Change and Growth based on Past Performance and Future Expectations
- Average Annual Job Openings due to Growth and Replacements
- Entry Level Wage
- Availability of Training Programs
- Local Employer knowledge of skills needed, in-demand occupations, and prevailing wages
Data was extracted from the following Labor Market Software:
- Texas Workforce Commission’s Labor Market and Career Information System (LMCI)
- Chmura Economics and Analytics – Jobs EQ System
Eligible Training Provider and Out-of-State Provider Trainings:
Eligible customers may select any program listed on the Texas Statewide Eligible Training Provider List as long as that program matches the O*NET/SOC code for one of the programs on this Board-approved Target Occupations List.
Eligible customers also may be interested in a program that is offered by an out-of-state training provider through distance education, hybrid, or other means. Customers are referred to their local workforce center to discuss the approval process for these types of programs. Note that this programs must also provide training in one of the O*NET/SOC codes on this Board-approved Target Occupations List.